Welcome to Prof. Yun Hang Hu Research Group in the Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Michigan Technological University. Research programs in Prof. Hu's laboratory are centered on using chemical and physical approaches towards the synthesis and the characterization of advanced materials for energy applications, including:
- Graphene for solar energy
- Synthesis of novel solid materials and liquid fuels from CO2
- Hydrogen storage materials
- Low-pressure Induced Amorphization (LPIA) of solid materials
- Structures and properties of nano-structured materials
- Heterogeneous catalysis
Dr. Hu's group has immediate openings for qualified graduate students interested in completing PhD program. Emphasis of those positions will be in one of the following areas: graphene and other nano-structured materials for solar cells, metal-organic frameworks and Li-N based materials for hydrogen energy, nano-structured materials, CO2 conversion into novel solid materials, and catalysis for clean fuel production. Motivated students, who are interested in working on those areas, are encouraged to apply.